Tuesday, January 22, 2019

VU : All I Need Is U (1996) / Just As I Am (1999)

VU : All I Need Is U (1996)
Requested in "REQUEST & FILL CORNER" section...

Originated in Oregon, USA, VU was a Christian Melodic Rock group founded by singer & composer Bart Hafeman, who still continues in the music business with his own band much modern rock oriented.
But with VU, the aim was to create a bunch of arena-ready, anthemic songs rich in melodies, catchy choruses and pretty elaborated harmony vocals.

VU debuted with "All I Need Is U" in 1996, and were instantly compared with Def Leppard. If you want a reference related to CCM acts, I think Nouveaux, Sure Conviction, and the more commercial mid-Eighties Stryper.
Their Melodic Rock songs are extremely melodious indeed, plenty of big choruses adorned with super-harmonies (all members provide backing vocals) and an overall pristine, clean sound. Of course production is not at the same level of Def Leppard, but VU goes for the same path.

VU  Just As I Am (1999)

On the second and final CD appeared in 1999, entitled "Just As I Am", VU retains the same Melodic Rock vibe, perhaps this time with more biting guitars (bring to mind the underrated Stun Leer at places) but always in a very melodic environment.
Both albums feature short interludes between songs, so you have around 10 real tracks per disc, and lyrics are not preaching all the time.

VU cd's are almost impossible to find, and although the band is pretty unknown between Melodic Rock circles, you'll be surprised by the catchiness on display here.
Rare and good.


All I Need Is U (1996)
01 - Funky Intro
02 - Rock For The Right Reason
03 - Guitar Student
04 - Thief In The Night
05 - Love Of Jesus
06 - Shelded-
07 - What Will It Take
08 - Newlyweds
09 - All I Need Is You
10 - Balcuilrezsreers
11 - Child Of The King
12 - Who Will It Be
13 - Light Of The World
14 - Dave's Snoring

Just As I Am (1999)
01 - Search
02 - What Are You Gonna Do
03 - Point of View
04 - Just As I Am
05 - Broken Again (Brian's Song)
06 - C# Run
07 - I'm Forgiven
08 - Whenever I Call Your Name
09 - Anonymous
10 - Most Loving Man
11 - My Rock
12 - Holy, Holy, Holy
13 - I Put My Trust in You

Bart Hafeman: lead and backing vocals
David Karn: lead guitars, backing vocals
Jason Looney: rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Joe Swaim: bass, electric guitar
Jason Martinez: drums, percussion, backing vocals




VU : All I Need Is U / Just As I Am
.

3 Comments:

T.P. said...

Indeed, in What Will It Take you find a whole lot of fine fragments strung together in the style of that typical heavy, sultry and impulsive sound Def Leppard has established their incomparable scent mark with.

Honestly said, I didn't listen to such a good Def Leppard-esque track since Loudlion's 'Die Tuff'; so it can be seen as a fantastic unexpressed tribute to the aformentioned British rockers who made a whole generation of 1980s' teenagers gone crazy in their day!

Well, all religious rhymes aside, I'm in pleasant anticipation for some more melodical attractions that are possibly still waiting to be discovered on those two rare albums you provided us with!

Thanks so much, Camelblue, for this unmatched entry!

Bye for now,
Thomas

StartMe said...

I like it.

https://www.capitalonebusiness.org
https://walmartcreditcardpayment.blogspot.com
https://start.me/p/OmXoML/startpage

rosbeliobones9223@gmail,com said...

Todos sem links ???