Monday, July 20, 2020

HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN' - Sudden Impact (1989)

HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN' - Sudden Impact (1989) fornt
Requested in "REQUEST & FILL CORNER" section...

This one was requested several times, well it's time to be featured here. "Sudden Impact" is the debut album by Philadelphia quintet HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN'. The band and the album holds the title as being the most sought after indie CD at eBay with a copy scoring $1950.52. This is a really cool collection of songs, but not for paying that ridiculous price.

HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN' made an arrangement with a small Canadian recording label, and "Sudden Impact" was released in 1989 in limited quantities. The album is really professionally recorded and mixed, above the average for an indie.
Musically, the band play clean, polished melodic rock, rock&pop and lite AOR here, with the typical sound of the era.
'Magic' has some Loverboy on it, and Blair Ramsey's vocal color reminds me of Kevin Cronin, so the REO Speedwagon comparison is accurate. There's a strong guitar work as on all songs on the CD, including quite imaginative and effective solos.

'Moment To Moment' recalls Starship, 'Slow Motion' some Scandal, and 'Don't You Look Back' has a that pristine Canadian sound from the era. 'Oh No!' is driven by stinging rhythm guitars and has fine harmony vocal arrangements, while the AOR synths of 'An Original' - a favorite - bring to mind Honeymoon Suite.
More poppy, power poppy I'd say is 'Too Late', with a touch of The Outfield, then 'While It Lasted' is a midtempo semi-ballad, again with very good harmony arrangements.

HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN' - Sudden Impact (1989) back

Beyond its status of expensive rarity, "Sudden Impact" is a highly enjoyable '80s AOR product, more in common with the US sound of 1985 than '89. There's strong melodies, fine harmonies, solid guitar work and overall a feel good vibe that put a smile on your face with each song.
Very Recommended. RARE


01 - Magic
02 - Moment To Moment
03 - Slow Motion
04 - Don't You Look Back
05 - Oh No!
06 - An Original
07 - Over & Over
08 - Who's Walking You Home
09 - Too Late
10 - While It Lasted

Blair Ramsey – Lead vocals
Alan Auginnas – Guitar, vocals
Paul Piccaro – Bass, vocals
Jimmy Katone – Drums, vocals
Rob Kay – Keyboards, vocals




HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN' - Sudden Impact
.

6 Comments:

JasonE said...

Could this one be re-posted. Thanks!

T.P said...

While listening to the catchy Over & Over to be found on Camelblue's generously featured Hit The Ground Runnin's first album, that song made a Sudden Impact on me, indeed. Certainly not one that plays - along with the remaining nine songs - within the US$ 2000 range, but for sure you had no reason to feel cheated out of your money when having bought that record at a regular price back in the days. :-)

Bye for now,
Thomas

Ángel D.Cabrera B. said...

Great work friend, maybe you can re-up this great album on cd, please?
https://hardrockaorheaven.blogspot.com/2010/07/andy-fraser-fine-fine-line-1984.html
Many thanks
Angel..

Success James said...

I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS.I was positive to the Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw testimony about DR Ebhota online on how he cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX or DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (drebhotasoltion@gmail.com) You can contact him on WhatsApp +2348089535482 He also have the herb to cure difference cure for any sickness (1) HERPES,
(2) DIABETES,
(3) HIV&AIDS,
(4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
(5) HEPATITIS B,
(6) IMPOTENCE,
(7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
(8) DIARRHEA
(9) ASTHMA..

tiana bonny said...

After 3 Years in a relationship with my Boyfriend, my Boyfriend started going out with other girls and showing me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to break-up with me if I dare question him about his affair with other girls, I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called DR Jumba who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of his gods, At first I doubted If such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, When I contact him, he told me everything I needed to do and I did and he helped me cast a Love Spell and within 28Hours my boyfriend came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with girls and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this Great spell Caster for your relationship or marriage problem.Here's his contact  : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com  

Anonymous said...

Oh, it was such a shanda - I should never buy greedyness from a mohel thank u..