Tuesday, July 14, 2020

UNITED NATIONS - The First Move (1985)

UNITED NATIONS - The First Move (1985) front

Stoke-on-Trent, UK, based band UNITED NATIONS were part of the '80s British AOR wave, formed at the beginning of the decade and developing a sound / style similar to their contemporaries Tobruk, Charlie, Monro, etc.
Their one and only album "The First Move" was released via small label Magnet in 1985, but unfortunately, soon after the group went their separate ways.

The opening song titled “Sound Of The Eighties” speaks for itself: indeed this is the mid-'80s melodic rock / AOR sound filled with catchy choruses and melodies.
"You Cheated" is another instant favorite, and more highlights appear with "We Will Live Forever" and "Black Heart", while on other songs United Nations explore some different sounds providing variation.

UNITED NATIONS - The First Move (1985) back

The core of United Nations recorded a comeback album some years ago, re-working some of the tunes from this LP along with new ones.
A very hard to find vinyl, "The First Move" never was reissued on CD or any other format.
This is a LP-rip cleaned to get the best sound quality possible.



01 - Sound Of The Eighties
02 - The Night That Last Forever
03 - The First Move
04 - You Cheated
05 - Common Denominator
06 - Violation Of A Freedom
07 - We Will Live Forever
08 - Blackheart
09 - Speak After The Tone
10 - Paying The Price Of Love

Paul Cafferty – Lead and Backing Vocals
Gary Davis – Guitars, Backing Vocals
Peter Hankey – Bass
Chris Mooney – Drums, Backing Vocals
Chris Stonier – Keyboards


UNITED NATIONS - The First Move HERE

.

2 Comments:

T.P said...

As long as I've been following your all year long rockin' blog now (in fact, this is my 10th anniversary I'm celebrating with you), you, Camelblue, never ever ran out of musical ideas of how to pleasantly surprise your devoted followers with albums that are either notable and worthwhile requests made by your sophisticated readers, or records of which you personally think have that special kind of groove and rockin' bite that is worth of being presented to your interested audience within your unique web presence for the first time.

In doing so, you definitely remain on the road of success, which is, figuratively speaking, one beautiful scenic drive on which even such long-time riders like me love to take their highly enjoyable cruises that never grow old, and where no ride feels the same like the one before.

So this time it's United Nations who have made their First Move in 1985 that I'm riding with! Measured by their song Blackheart that I found on YouTube, this band surely brings along the musical equipment to get me interested in the whole album. Which then again is a curiosity that's quite easy to satisfy, since it's just a couple of clicks away, thanks to the passionate work of you, Camelblue, which is - as I already said in that cool "side road" of yours not far away from here - emotionally priceless! :-)

Bye for now,
Thomas

tiana bonny said...

After 3 Years in a relationship with my Boyfriend, my Boyfriend started going out with other girls and showing me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to break-up with me if I dare question him about his affair with other girls, I was totally devastated and confused until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called DR Jumba who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of his gods, At first I doubted If such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, When I contact him, he told me everything I needed to do and I did and he helped me cast a Love Spell and within 28Hours my boyfriend came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with girls and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this Great spell Caster for your relationship or marriage problem.Here's his contact  : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com